My first idea was to leave the clutch unit unrestored, because there was still some original paint available and he did’t look so bad. After inspection I saw a lot of rust inside (Springs and clutch plate) and therefore decided to restore the clutch unit as well.
So first I disassembled everything (be careful with removing the three nuts, there is a lot of pressure due to the twelve strong springs). Cleaned everything with glass bead blasting and sprayed everything with a new fresh layer of paint. I used special paint for the parts who can become very hot (< 800℃)
The original paint on the springs, who will deliver the pressure to the clutch plates, where not visible anymore. But in the documentation is stated the they should be painted yellow.
I didn’t know if it was really necessarily but I placed the cover on the same location as it was originally. During the assembly I noticed that the pressure plate has been balanced in some way (In the second picture you can obvious the have drilled 7 extra holes to remove some material).